Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are related quotes:
- “There is no other world other than this. There is no heaven and no hell. The realm of Shiva and like regions, are invented by stupid imposters.”
- “A wonder it must be that there should be any man found so stupid as to persuade himself that this most beautiful world could be produced by the fortuitous concourse of atoms.”
- — John Ray (c.1680), Publication
- “You’ve no notion of how stupid most people are.”
- — Arthur Schopenhauer (c.1830), Dialogue on Religion (voice of Demopheles) (pg. 21)
- “A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something that he can understand.”
- “Listen to what Dynamics of Language tells our kids. To quote: ‘Read the theory of divine origin and the story of the Tower of Babel as told in Genesis. Be prepared to explain one or more ways these stories could be interpreted.’ [tossing a well-worn clipping on the table] The theory of divine origin! The word of god is not a theory. Take god out of creation and what’s left? Evolution? Scientists want to teach our kids that divine origin is just a theory that stupid people believe but that evolution is a scientific fact. Well, it’s not. And that’s at the bottom of this.”
- “The majority never has right on its side. Never I say! That is one of the social lies that a free, thinking man is bound to rebel against. Who makes up the majority in any given country? Is it the wise men or the fools? I think we must agree that the fools are in a terrible overwhelming majority, all the wide world over. But, damn it, it can surely never be right that the stupid should rule over the clever!”
- — Henrik Ibsen (1882), An Enemy of the People (act 4)
- Billington, Ray. (1997). Understanding Eastern Philosophy (pg. 44). Routledge.
- Johnson, Samuel. (1827). A Dictionary of the English Language (§:Fortuitous, pg. #). Longman.
- Russell, Bertrand. (1945). History of Western Philosophy (pg. 45). Simon & Schuster.
- Foerstel, Herbert. (2002). Banned in the USA: a Reference Guide to Book Censorship in Schools (pg. 1). Greenwood.
- Kanawha County textbook controversy – Hmolpedia 2020.
- Stupid (redirect) – Wikipedia.