In religio-mythology, secret name (LH:2), aka “true name”, or isopsephy value (Greek alphabet), gematria value (Hebrew alphabet), "numeric value" (Panin, 1910), numerical-equivalent (NE), or “Ren” or “Rent” in the original Egyptian scheme, is a concept considered to be one of the eight main components of a person (or god) in the "Egyptian human", which was thought to define the underlying "true nature" of the person or thing; accordingly, if one knew the secret name of a person or a god, then the possessor of the knowledge of the name, thereby, would have power over the person or the god, or power over their soul, or something to this effect.
Secret name of Ra
In 1900BC, in the Papyrus of Turin, the so-called “Secret Name of Ra” was told, wherein Isis wanted to know Ra’s “secret name” so that she could get power over him, and make her son Horus the new supreme god, but Ra did not want to give up his secret name. Isis, according, took some of Ra’s spittle, falling from is mouth, mixed it with some clay, and with it made a magic snake, which she put it into the boat of Ra (or on a path where Ra walked). The snake then bit Ra, putting him into pain. Isis told Ra that the only way to remove the poison would be if he told her his secret name.
At first, Ra gave her his common name, saying that he was “Khepri” in the morning, "Ra" at midday, and "Atum" in the evening. Isis, however, complained telling him that none of these were his “true name”. Hence, as the pain continued to grow, Ra eventually gave in and told her his true name (the details of this name, however, is not revealed in the spell). Isis then used the power of knowledge of his secret name, to put the Eye of Ra into the Eye of Horus, therein making Horus the new supreme god of Egypt.
In c.900BC, Greeks all traveled to Egypt, to learn their arts, and from there studies there came back with a number-based method of make secret names called isopsephy, wherein the formulated a large number of key names and key terms based on isopsephy number cyphers. Presumably, the Egyptians invented this method, and taught it to the Greeks, per reason that Egypt, as Aristotle tells us, is where the art of mathematics was invented.
The secret name or true name of god or "theos", e.g. is the number "284", meaning the higher amicable pair. The secret name of "Bible" is the number "314" meaning Pi, a reference to the large amount of Pythagorean theological mathematics employed in the Bible, e.g. the name "Jesus" (888) is derived from the solar magic square, as is the number "666", popularly known as the "mark of the beast". The 1st letter of Greek alphabet is alpha, which has the secret name Atlas, whose Egyptian prescript is "Shu", aka the air god, which is the first thing created by Atum, according to the Heliopolis creation myth, hence the letter "A" is the first letter of the modern alphabet. of the 9th letter of the Greek alphabet is theta, whose secret name is "Helios", the Greek sun god, code for the fact that all Th-based words, e.g. theology or thermometer, are heat or sun god based.
In 850BC, in India, when Hinduism began to take shape, the Egyptian pantheon formed the basis for the Hindu pantheon (see: god character rescripts), and a certain amount of secret name transmission accrued; for example:
- “The names Abram and Brahma are equivalent in numerical value.”
- — Charles King (1864), The Gnostics and Their Remains, Ancient and Mediaeval (pg. 13)
The numerical value of Abram and Brahma is "243", supposedly translates into the a geometrical man named "Zeir Anpin," but the details of this are unclear?
In 300BC, Jews, either being Egyptian priests themselves, or learning isopsephy from the Greeks, developed their own secret name word cypher technique called gematria. This is employed in various parts of the Old Testament, e.g. the story of Abraham and Sarah changing their names, is symbolic of a 5-value letter change, which is code for the a rescript of the myth of the five epagomenal days, i.e. 360 + 5 = 365 days of a calendar year. Moreover, the a variant of the secret name of Abraham, is Helios (NE:318), who is the Greek rescript of Ra (which is the true nature of Abraham, aka "Ab-Ra-ham"), a cypher encoded as follows:
- “When Abram heard that his relative had been taken captive, he called out the 318 trained men born in his household and went in pursuit as far as Dan.”
- — Anon (c.250BC), Bible (Genesis 14:14) (NIV)
Moreover, the name Eliezer, in the Hebrew alphabet, the chief servant of Abraham, who is his official son and heir, provided Abram never begets any children, from his own loins, is also numerically equivalent to 318.
The following are quotes:
- “I love the woman whose number is 545.”
- “I am the one who met you [Apollo], and you gave me a gift of the greatest value; the name of you is knowledge (gnosis), the number 9999.”
- “Every Greek and Hebrew word has thus two values: its numeric value and its place value.”
- — Ivan Panin (1910), The Last Twelve Verses of Mark (pg. 5)
- True name – Wikipedia.
- Ren – Riordan.Fandom.com.
- Isis getting Ra’s secret name – Riordan.Fandom.com.
- The Secret Name of Ra – Egyptopia.com.
- King, Charles. (1864). The Gnostics and Their Remains: Ancient and Mediaeval, Part One (pg. 13). Publisher.
- Boxall, Ian. (2019). “Gematria”, BibleOdyssey.org.
- Strat, D. (2021). “I Love the Woman Whose Number is 545” (Ѻ), SoundCloud, Apr 13.
- Greek Magical Papyri – Wikipedia.
- (a) Fideler, David. (1993). Jesus Christ, Sun of God: Ancient Cosmology and Early Christian Symbolism (Ѻ) (Nile, pg. 250). Quest Books.
(b) Betz, Hans. (1986). The Greek Magical Papyri: In Translation (pdf) (pg. 17). University of Chicago.
- Panin, Ivan. (1910). The Last Twelve Verses of Mark (Isopsephy overview, pgs. 4-5). Publisher.