In terminology, religion (TR:1103) (LH:25) (TL:1128), from the Latin re-, meaning: “hold back”, + -legare, meaning: “to bind”, refers to a belief, belief system, creed, or set of doctrines of an individual, or that unite a group of people.
The following are related quotes:
- “Cosmology is a kind of religion for intelligent atheists.”
- Tyndall-Stewart-Tait debate – Hmolpedia 2020.
- Ball, Philip. (2015). Invisible: the Dangerous Allure of the Unseen (thermodynamics, 5+ pgs; theological thermodynamics, pg. 140). University of Chicago.
- Emergent property – Hmolpedia 2020.
- Hawking, Stephen. (1962), “comment to first wife”; cited in film “Theory of Everything” (2014); cited by William Craig (2015) in talk (YT)
- Religion – Hmolpedia 2020.