Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are quotes:
- “Human chemistry is the study of how people ‘chemically’ react to one another.”
- “Now we all know what ‘action’ is; it is energy as opposed to supineness; it is work as opposed to idleness. Action is the very life and soul of labor, and therefore is the delight of laboring men. Now the little particle ‘re’, though it means nothing of itself, yet when put before another syllable, assumes a great importance; thus, combined it has the signification of ‘again’, as re-form is to form again, re-turn is to-turn again. In like manner re-act is to act again, and re-action is the coming again into action..”
- — Anon (1832), “Re-action” (pg. 201)
- Re- – Merriam-Webster.
- Act – CollinsDictionary.com.
- Dreier, Thomas. (1948). We Human Chemicals: the Knack of Getting Along with Everybody (quote: pgs. 4+21). Updegraff Press.
- Anon. (1832). “Re-Action” (pg. 201), The Bristol Job Nott: Laboring Man’s Friend, 51:201-02, Nov 29.
- Laws of motion – Hmolpedia 2020.
- React – Hmolpedia 2020.