Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are related quotes:
- “You cannot contest the inestimable benefit which I shall confer on all mankind, to the last generation, by discovering a passage near the pole to those countries, to reach which at present so many months are requisite; or by ascertaining the secret of the magnet. Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose — a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye.”
- “The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.”
- — Herman Melville (1851), Moby Dick (§37: Sunset; character: Ahab)
- “The purpose of life is to hydrogenate carbon dioxide.”
- Einstein on purpose 
- Purpose terminology reform 
- Purposeless (TR:26)
- Purposeless universe 
- Purposefulness universe
- Shelley, Mary. (1818). Frankenstein: the Modern Prometheus. (txt) Publisher.
- (a) Musser, George. (2011). “How Life Arose on Earth: and How a Singularity Might Bring it Down”, Scientific American, Sep 23.
(b) Russell, Michael. (2011). “Origin of Life and Molecular Evolution” (YT), Molecular Frontiers Symposium, Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, May; MoleCulesTV, 2014.
(c) Carroll, Sean. (2016). “What is the Purpose of Life?” (YT), Minute Physics, Oct 26.
- Einstein on purpose – Hmolpedia 2020.
- Purpose terminology reform – Hmolpedia 2020.
- Purpose universe hypothesis – Hmolpedia 2020.
- Purpose – Hmolpedia 2020.