In existographies, Nicolaus Copernicus (482-412 BE) (1473-1543 ACM) (IQ:185|#55↑) (ID:2.64|70) (Cattell 1000:341) (RGM:20|1,350+) (PR:30|65AE / astronomer:2) (Murray 4000:5|A) (Gottlieb 1000:18) (Becker 160:16|8L) (Stokes 100:25) (Simmons 100:10) (Kanowitz 50:15) (Norlinger 22:18) (Durant 10:4) (GPE:35) (GAE:1) (EPD:F3) (CR:153) (LH:5) (TL:162|#63), in Latin: "Nicolao Copernico", was a Polish mathematician, astronomer, and physician, aka "next Ptolemy" (Reinhold, 1542), noted for 
Quotes | On
The following are quotes on Copernicus:
- “I am thoroughly frightened by what happened to our master, Copernicus. Although he won immortal fame among some persons, nevertheless among countless – for so large is the number of fools – he became a target of ridicule and derision. I would of course have the courage to make my thoughts public, if there were more people like you. But since there aren’t, I shall avoid this kind of activity.”
Quotes | By
The following are quotes by Copernicus:
- “When I attribute certain motions to the terrestrial globe, they will immediately shout to have me and my opinion hooted off the stage. Therefore, when I weighted these things in my mind, the scorn which I had to fear on account of the newness and absurdity of my opinion [that the earth moves] almost drove me to abandon a work already undertaken. In fact, I kept [the manuscript] hidden among my things.”
- — Nicholas Copernicus (c.1540), a reference, supposedly, to the earlier work of Zarqali and Battani 
- (a) Copernicus, Nicolaus. (1543). On the Revolution of the Heavenly Spheres (editor: Stephen Hawking) (pg. 2). Running Press, 2002.
(b) Repcheck, Jack. (2007). Copernicus’ Secret: How the Scientific Revolution Began (pg. 10). Simon & Schuster.
(c) Saleh, Abeer. (2015). One Giant Step for Mankind: One Verse at a Time (pg. 57). Cedar Graphics.
- Anon. (2013). “Copernicus: Astronomer | Mini bio” (YT), Biography, Jul 8.
- Nicolaus+Copernicus Nicolaus Copernicus – Hmolpedia 2020.