Jump to navigation Jump to search
Quote | On
The following are quotes by Tartaglia:
- “Tartaglia was the first to have a clear idea of the ‘vertical’ and ‘lateral’ pressure in a liquid.”
- “At last the prominent Italian mathematician Niccolo Tartaglia declared publicly that the trajectory of a body flying in any but a vertical direction can only be curve and ‘contains not a single absolute straight line’.”
- (a) Tartaglia, Niccolo. (c.1545). Jordanus: a Small Treatise: Correction Study with New Growth Figures (Iordani: Opusculum de ponderositate, Nicolai Tartaleae studio correctum novisque figuris auctum) (abs). Publisher, 1565.
(b) Middleton, William E. (1964). The History of the Barometer (pg. 5). Publisher.
- Alekseev, Georgij. (1978). Energy and Entropy (pg. 62). Mir.
- Niccolo Tartaglia – Hmolpedia 2020.