In terms, key query (LH:1) refers to a query or “quest”, a term phrased on Newton’s queries, his “Query 31” in particular, that is a central open, unresolved, or un-solved question, puzzle, or confused issue of modern existence.
The following is listing of the key queries, ranked via intellectual powerfulness:
|Life||What is life?||Abioism||Motion question?|
|Love||What is love?||Reaction question?|
|Meaning||What is the meaning of it all?|
|Morality||Difference between right and wrong?||Nature question?|
|Death||What happens when you die?||Afterlife||Continuity question?|
|Occupation||What do you do?||Vanity|
In 2005, Libb Thims, in Chicago, conducted a street poll, wherein he asked 100 people, "in person", the question: "What is humankind’s present-day greatest philosophical conundrum (GPC)?" The following were the top three responses:
- What happens when you die? (27%)
- What is love? (23%)
- What is the meaning of life? (19%)
|The enigma of time?||100||19|
|The meaning of life, i.e. what is our purpose, function, or design?||70||13|
|What happens when you die?||59||11|
|The paradox of existence, i.e. why are we here?||57||11|
|Does god exist?||56||10|
|The question of reality?||56||10|
|What is love?||45||8|
|Is destiny ours to make, or is it predetermined?||39||7|
|The perception of truth?||32||6|
|The nature of good and evil?||21||4|
These results can be compared to earlier polled results.
- [redirect] → What is the meaning of reaction existence?
- Which conundrum is the hardest genius question to solve? (2021) – r/RealGeniuses.
- (a) Thims, Libb. (2005). “What is Humankind’s Present-Day Greatest Philosophical Conundrum?, Street Poll (poll) (results), Chicago.
(b) Thims, Libb. (2007). Human Chemistry (Volume One) (meaning of life, pg. 128; conundrum poll, pgs. 301-02). Morrisville, NC: LuLu.
- Poll: Greatest philosophical conundrum (see: results) – Hmolpedia.com.
- Question – Hmolpedia 2020.