Human chemical thermodynamics
In thermodynamics, human chemical thermodynamics (TR:247) (LH:28) (TL:294), acronym: HCT (TL:19), is the chemical thermodynamic study of people, individually, as bound state molecular species, or in reactive mass, according to the formation energy state of existence point of view, e.g. when humans are put into contact with other humans, and the principles of Newton's "Query 31" are put into action.
In 1995, Libb Thims, while studying chemical engineering thermodynamics, at the University of Michigan, envisioned the entire subject of chemical thermodynamics applied to reactions between people, with focus on mate selection, the "choice" of love, and the mechanism of the entire operation; a name for this vision, however, was not yet in the works.
In 2007, Thims, in his two-volume Human Chemistry, coined the term "human chemical thermodynamics" as follows:
- “The theory of human chemical bonding, aside from human chemical thermodynamics, is one of the more difficult topics to write on in a rigorous form.”
- — Libb Thims (2007), Human Chemistry, Volume One (pg. viii)
In 2013, a draft textbook on Human Chemical Thermodynamics (see: title development) initiated.
Forerunners | Precursors
The following, shown in ranked order, are forerunners, precursors, prototypes, or molds to HCT, some semblance of historical progression of which can be seen among the "matter and motion" philosophers; those shown highlighted are foundational publications, and Holbach and Goethe are the masters:
|System of Nature: Laws of the Moral and Physical World||1770||Holbach||47||Atheism|
|Elective Affinities: On the Nature of the Choice of Our Elective Attractions||1809||Goethe||60||Naturalism|
|Will to Power: a Revaluation of all Values (1,067 note fragments)||1888||Nietzsche||45||Atheism|
|New Dimensions in Sociology: a Physico-Chemical Approach to Human Behavior||1987||Beg||55||Theism|
|On the Nature of Things: Atoms and Void||60BC||Lucretius||44||Atheism|
|Thermodynamics of Humans: Love and Worship||1956||Bazargan||49||Theism|
|On Nature and Purifications: Four Elements and Two Forces (400 of 2000 lines extant)||445BC||Empedocles||50||Atheism|
|Heat Death and the Phoenix: Entropy, Order, and the Future of Man||1975||Dolloff||68||Atheism|
|"Chemical Thermodynamics in the Real World"||1971||Rossini||72||Theism|
|Physics of Relationships: Thermo-Chemical Approach to Relationships; Complex Equilibria of Men and Women; Reaction Kinetics||2000||Hirata||18||Theism?|
|Force and Matter: Principles of the Natural Order of the Universe, with a System of Morality Based Thereon||1855||Buchner||31||Atheism|
|“The Thermodynamics of Love”||2001||Hwang||22||?|
|"The Fundamentals of Thermodynamics Applied to Socioeconomics"||2009||Wallace||74||Naturalism|
- Thims, Libb. (66AE). Human Chemical Thermodynamics: Chemical Thermodynamics of People (§:) (pdf). Publisher.
- Thims, Libb. (2007). Human Chemistry, Volume One (pg. viii). LuLu.
- Thims, Libb. (66AE). “Comment” to: “Interview with Alan Kors: 250th Anniversary of Holbach’s System of Nature” (YT), Torch, Nov 26.
- Thims, Libb. (2020). “Human Chemical Thermodynamics: 100+ page level” (YT), Human Chemistry 101, Apr 18.
- Human chemical thermodynamics – Hmolpedia 2020.