Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are quotes:
- “What's the go o' that?”
- “What’s the particular go o’ that?”
- — James Maxwell (1834), “Secondary response (age 3), if curiosity was not satisfied”
- “Show me how it doos.”
- — James Maxwell (1834), Comment (age 3-4) that is “ever out of his mouth” (described his mother)
- “The elements of living matter are identical with those of mineral bodies; and the fundamental laws of matter and motion apply as much to living matter as to mineral matter; but every living body is, as it were, a complicated piece of mechanism which ‘goes’, or lives only under certain conditions.”
- Mahon, Basil (2003). The Man Who Changed Everything: the Life of James Clerk Maxwell (pg. #). Hoboken, Wiley, 2015.
- (a) Huxley, Thomas. (1880). Science Primers: Introductory (§65: Living Bodies differ from Mineral Bodies in their Essential Composition, in the manner of their Growth, and in the fact that they are reproduced by Germs, pg. 92). Publisher.
(b) Pearson, Karl. (1900). The Grammar of Science (pg. 329). Black.
- Go – Hmolpedia 2020.