One More Try
In 1987, Michael released the 5:52-min song “One More Try”, on his debut solo studio album Faith, eventually releasing the song, on 11 Apr 1988, by Columbia Records, as the album’s fourth single; the lyrics of which are as follows:
- “I've had enough of danger. And people on the streets. I'm looking out for angels. Just trying to find some peace. Now I think it's time. That you let me know. So if you love me. Say you love me. But if you don't just let me go
- Cause teacher. There are things that I don't want to learn. And the last one I had. Made me cry. So I don't want to learn to. Hold you, touch you. Think that you're mine. Because it ain't no joy. For an uptown boy. Whose teacher has told him goodbye, goodbye, goodbye
- When you were just a stranger. And I was at your feet. I didn't feel the danger. Now I feel the heat. That look in your eyes. Telling me no. So you think that you love me. Know that you need me. I wrote the song, I know it's wrong. Just let me go
And teacher. There are things. That I don't want to learn. Oh the last one I had. Made me cry. So I don't want to learn to. Hold you, touch you. Think that you're mine. Because it ain't no joy. For an uptown boy. Whose teacher has told him goodbye, goodbye, goodbye
- So when you say that you need me. That you'll never leave me. I know you're wrong, you're not that strong. Let me go. And teacher. There are things. That I still have to learn. But the one thing I have is my pride. Oh so I don't want to learn. Hold you, touch you. Think that you're mine. Because there ain't no joy. For an uptown boy. Who just isn't willing to try. I'm so cold Inside. Maybe just one more try.”
The video, produced by Tony Scott, producer of Top Gun, was released, to play on MTV, shortly thereafter.
Kissing a Fool
In 1984, Michael wrote the sing "Kissing a Fool", while en route to to Japan for his "Wham! Tour". The song was recorded in 1987 and released in 1988.
Here, we will but note the one-time references to "heat" and "cold" in Michael's song, which are the two main-stays of "thermodynamics", and, by repercussion, "human chemical thermodynamics", to say the very least.
Quotes | By
The following are quotes by Michael:
- “You’ll never find, peace of mind, till you listen to your heart.”
- — George Michael (1984), “Kissing a Fool”, song written while fling to Japan for Wham! tour
- “At some point in your career, the situation between yourself and the camera reverses. For a certain number of years, you court it and you need it, but ultimately, it needs you more and it’s a bit like a relationship. The minute that happens, it turns you off, and it does feel like it is taking something from you.”
- — George Michael (1990), Publication
- One More Try (George Michael Song) – Wikipedia.
- Note: Michael's "One More Try" song has been the most-listened to song, of all time, by Libb Thims, in the last 33+ years.
- Michael, George. (2009). “One More Try”, George Michael, YouTube, Nov 24.
- Kissing a Fool – Wikipedia.
- Kissing a Fool (song) – Wikipedia.
- (a) Anon. (2020). “Story Behind Freedom 90” (YT), GeorgeMichael, Dec 18.
(b) Lindberg, Peter. (1990). British Vogue (cover: Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista, and Tatjana Patitz), Jan.
(c) Ahmed, Osman. (2019). “Peter Lindberg and the Birth of the Supermodel” (Ѻ), Vouge, Sep 7.
- George Michael – Wikipedia.