In existographies, Friedrich Lange (1828-1875 ACM) (IQ:165|#608) (CR:29) (LH:1) (TL:30) was a German philosopher and historian, noted for his 1865 The History of Materialism and Critique of its Present Importance.
Quotes | On
The following are quotes on Lange:
- “All I need is Kant, Schopenhauer, and this book by Lange, and I can do the whole thing. I don’t need anything else!”
- — Friedrich Nietzsche (1861), Source
Quotes | By
The following are quotes by Lange:
- “Democritus also mastered the whole extent of the science of his time, and that probably with greater independence and thoroughness than was the case with Aristotle; but we have no trace whatever of his having brought all these sciences under the yoke of his system.”
- — Friedrich Lange (1875), The History of Materialism, Volume One (pg. 82)
- Friedrich Lange – Hmolpedia 2020.