Jump to navigation Jump to search
Quotes | On
The following are quotes on Pound:
- “Despite his age and his major depressive episodes, Ezra Pound had not deteriorated mentally. I did not administer the Wechsler I.Q. test to him because I found it presumptuous to try to measure the intelligence of a great poet. How could I ask him what the word "mountain" means? What could the answer of a poet be?”
- — Romolo Rossi (2005), “A Psychiatrist’s Recollections of Ezra Pound”
Quotes | By
The following are quotes by Pound:
- “Genius is the capacity to see ten things where the ordinary man sees one”
- — Ezra Pound (c.1950), Publication (Ѻ)
- “The arts are kept up by a very few people; they always have been kept up, when kept up at all, by a very few people. A great art patron is a man who keeps up great artists. A good art patron is a man who keeps up good artists. His reputation is coterminous with the work he has patronized. He cannot be an imbecile.”
- — Ezra Pound (1958), Pavannes and divagations (Ѻ)(Ѻ)
- “America's poet ... He is America.”
- — Ezra Pound (c.1962), comment on Walt Whitman
- Rossi, Romolo. (2005). “A Psychiatrist’s Recollections of Ezra Pound” (pdf), Address given at opening session of Conference, Jul 4; Quaderni di Palazzo Zerra, 15:14-49, 2008.
- Ezra Pound – Hmolpedia 2020.