Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are related quotes:
- “Drive is a name for a neural state that energizes and directs behavior.”
- — Donald Pfaff (1999), Drive: Neurobiological and Molecular Mechanisms of Sexual Motivation (pg. 3) 
- “The same type of [anti-teleological] thinking can be applied to the chemical processes in equilibrium. When, e.g., pressure is applied on a reacting system in chemical equilibrium, the system does not shift towards reactants or products ‘so that’ or ‘in order to’ counterbalance the effect of the change. There is NO ‘drive’ to attain a new equilibrium state. There is only particles ‘randomly’ moving and interacting, involved in competing processes with different ‘probabilities’.”
- Roehner, Bertrand. (2007). Driving Forces in Physical, Biological and Socio-Economic Phenomena: a Network Science Investigation of Social bonds and Interactions (thermodynamics, 5+ pgs). Cambridge University Press.
- Pfaff, Donald W. (1999). Drive:Neurobiological and Molecular Mechanisms of Sexual Motivation. MIT Press.
- Antiteleology – WordNik.com.
- Chemical teleology – Hmolpedia 2020.