Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are quotes:
- “Ludwig Boltzmann, who spent much of his life studying statistical mechanics, died in 1906, by his own hand. Paul Ehrenfest, carrying on the work, died similarly in 1933. Now it is our turn to study statistical mechanics. Perhaps it will be wise to approach the subject cautiously.”
- — David Goodstein (1975), States of Matter (pg. 1)
- Goodstein, David. (1985). The Mechanical Universe: Introduction to Mechanics and Heat (co-authors: Richard P. Olenick, Tom M. Apostol). Cambridge.
- Goodstein, David. (1985). “Episode 47: Entropy – The Mechanical Universe” (YT), Caltech, 2016.
- David Goodstein – Hmolpedia 2020.