In terms, creationism (CR:147) (LH:5) (TL:152), from creation- meaning “made by a creator”, + -ism, “related to”, is the belief that all of the things of existence were made by or the result of a god, gods, or supernatural entity, defined as the creator.
Creationism is categorized, among the six main "life theory" alternatives, as follows:
- Creationism (god created life on day three)
- Bioism (certain things are alive; origin not discussed)
- Emergent bioism (life emerged at a certain point)
- Gradual bioism (life gradually emerged)
- Panbioism (all things are alive)
- Abioism (no things are alive)
A newer synonym is: intelligent design.
- 7 days of creation – BibleInfo.com.
- Creationism – Hmolpedia 2020.