Atheism for kids
On 10 Aug 2015, Libb Thims, with co-host Thor, gave a "Monday School" summer session, "atheism for kids" lecture, to a group of six Chicago children, ages 2, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, which was recorded and edited into a YouTube atheism for kids lecture series, the opening screen shot of each video part being the following diagram:
Thims, in the following months, while attempting to make a children's atheism book, based on the lecture notes, experience, and feedback, in various discussion attempted to distill the basic message the kids were taught; some examples:
- “Gibbs energy replaces gods energy, big bang cosmology replaces Nile River (Noah’s ark) flood cosmology, and evidence-based physiochemical morals replace angel-based prophesized morals.”
- “It's big bang to human molecules, and there is NO god.”
The draft book, however, got stalled out at the "Roman recension" period, as the history of this "recension", compared to other recensions, is very murky, effaced, and erased; on the surface, in short, it would seem very simple to swap out "Noah's flood cosmology" for "big bang cosmology", where instead of there being a "big flood" (aka Nile River flood, Nun, or Ogdoad), there was a "big bang", but it is not so simple, to say the least.
The following are quotes:
- “Soul: the origin of a physical system; in carbon entromorphology, the soul is a nucleonic pathway leading all the way back to the big bang. Soulatrophic: a term in carbon entromorphology, giving reference to particular fractional dimensions of natural scale; such as the microbiological, somatic, cognitive , and spiritual levels. Soulatrophicity: appertaining two unique fractional dimensions of scale, but with an absolute origin or soul at the big bang.”
- Neil Shubin – Hmolpedia 2020.
- Zerotheism for kids – Hmolpedia 2020.
- Note: the original title was "zerotheism for kids", themed on the idea that as humankind has progressed from "polytheism" (many gods), to "henotheism" (one supreme god, many smaller gods), to "monotheism" (one god, many prophets), that we were now in an era where we are progressing into "zerotheism" (zero gods, much science). After about a year, the YouTube videos (originally titled "zerotheism for kids"), where changed back to "atheism for kids", so to have immediate recognition (i.e. atheism) and search optimization for parents; rather than use a newly-coined term, which only adds confusion, to an already confused subject (i.e. theism).
- (a) Thims, Libb. (2015). “Zerotheism for Kids” (co-host: Thor), 14-part [4:41-hr] lecture playlist (YT), 5-intro sides (Ѻ), 56-main sides (Ѻ), 11AM-3PM, Chicago, Aug 10 (recorded), Sep 7 (published).
(b) Zerotheism for kids – Hmolpedia 2020.
- Children’s atheism bible – Hmolpedia 2020.
- Roman recension – Hmolpedia 2020.
- Recension theory – Hmolpedia 2020.
- Janes, Mark A. (2012). Mr Carbon Atom and the Theory of Carbon Entromorphology (GB) (Amz). Emp3books.
- Big bang – Hmolpedia 2020.