Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sommerfeld influenced: Hans Bethe (student).
Quotes | By
The following are quotes:
- “Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two small points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to it, it doesn't bother you anymore.”
- — Arnold Sommerfeld (c.1950), “Response to query on why he had never written a book on thermodynamics?” 
- Angrist, Stanley W. and Hepler, Loren G. (1967). Order and Chaos: Laws of Energy and Entropy (pg. 215). Basic Books.
- Anon. (2018). “The Man Who was Nominated for the Nobel Prize 84 Times, But Never Won” (YT), Today I Found Out, Feb 9.
- Arnold Sommerfeld – Hmolpedia 2020.