In dating systems, Thimsian calendar (LH:31), aka “BE/AE dating system”, "atomic era", "atomic enlightenment", "Anno Elementum", "atoms first seen" calendar, aka Muller years or the cesium-tungsten definition of time, refers to the dating of years with respect to the zero year when atoms were first "seen" by the human eye, an event which occurred in 1955 AD, in Dionysian calendar years, seen by the eyes of Erwin Muller. The following table gives a basic summary of how to convert BC/AD dated years into BE/AE dated years:
|200BC||1954||← 1955 →||1956||2020||2021|
|1 Before Elements||1 After Elements|
|1 Anno Elementum|
|1 Atomic Era|
|1 Atomic Enlightenment|
On 25 Apr 2020, Libb Thims arrived at the "atoms first seen" based dating system, after having worked on the calendar reform problem for about a decade. The following shows the count (Aug 66AE) of the number of Hmolpedia articles, mostly being existographies, that actively employ the new Anno Elementum dates:
Synonyms: BE/AE dating system, "Muller calendar" (tentative), "atoms seen dating system", Anno Elementum (Latin) calendar, atomic era (AE) years, among others. The Thimsian calendar (BE/AE) is an SI-unit themed, secular, scientific upgrade and replacement for the myth-based Dionysian calendar (BC/AD), one that is culturally-based to Roman or western culture eras.
Tungsten | W
On 11 Oct 1955, Erwin Muller saw tungsten W atoms. The following, from the advanced perspective view, is Muller, chemical species Hu, derived or synthesized over time from hydrogen H atoms, on 11 Oct 1955 (0 AE), observing one of his own kind, namely the element tungsten W:
In 2012, Libb Thims, while drafting Purpose: in a Godless Universe?, his first attempt at an atheism-explicit themed book, albeit one that stalled out, began search for a secular, scientific, or non-deity based dating system, so to date the title page, without reference to a god, which is what the AD dating system is, i.e. god-based. It is incorrigible to the mind, for a strong-minded explicit atheist to date an atheism-focused book with a theism-dated title page. In others, we now date seconds to the oscillations in the cesium atom, but years to
The first attempt, in this direction, was to date years to the invention of the printing press, in 1450, by Gutenberg, aka an "Anno Gutenberg" or "Anno Printing", based dating system.
This was followed by: "Anno Newton", as suggested by Goethe (c.1810), "Anno Goethe" (2014) dating system (BG/AG), and or dating years to the first documented sighting of Halley's comet, among one or two others. Thims also began to use the Paine dating system (Painean calendar), i.e. ACM/BCM, to clarify focus. These, however, lacked something, to be enabled fully?
On 25 Apr 2020, Libb Thims, in the wake of the first month of the pandemic, aka a genius hiatus effect phenomena, having been freed to make progress in human chemical thermodynamics, in respect to writing and research, invented the BE/AE dating system, so to solve the "pressing" need to date his drafting Human Chemical Thermodynamics manuscript in particular, scientifically.
Hence, to exemplify usage, Libb Thims, after being born (synthesized) in 17 Anno Elementum or in the 17th year of the element; calculated a 26-element human molecular formula on 47AE, i.e. on the 47th year of the element, or 47-years after elements were seen' and developed the Anno Elementum dating system in 65AE (2020AD), or 65-years after elements were observed.
In 2021, Thims had redated all existographies in Hmolpedia, showing both the BE/AE start and end dates, of the existence of a person, in conjunction with the common BC/AD dates, albeit using the BCM/ACM notation (Paine, 1802).
Thims, in addition, was beginning to incline towards the dating of years after 2020 (65AE), i.e. the pandemic year, e.g. 2021 (66AE), 2022 (67AE), 2023 (68AE), etc., using only only the new "AE" notion, but keeping the classic or common dates for years 2020 or before, unchanged, i.e. leaving as is, as confusion tends to result when reverse editing is attempted in this direction. A chronology of the dating notation switch can be seen in the Nov 27 to Dec 7 range of Thims personal notes.
The following are related quotes:
- “I have been reading your works since some time ago, and I may say I find them very interesting, not merely because of its content, but because it has conclusions and insights I had independently arrived at a relatively young age (one could say I am still at a relatively young age [born 52 AE]), although I reached some diverging results in some topics. Due to the comprehensiveness of the subjects addressed, I don't intend to do that in a single message, but I hope that through rational discussion we may be able to get closer to the truth.”
- — Life Pressure (2021) (66AE), “Reddit message to Libb Thims”, Feb 26
- “I appreciate your calendar.”
- — Friendship Rainicorn (66AE) (2021), Comment in: ‘People Are Just Atoms Arranged in a Way that They are Able to Study Themselves’, r/Hmolpedia, Aug 12
- Dating system – Hmolpedia 2020.
- Paine dating system – Hmolpedia 2020.
- Genius hiatus effect – Hmolpedia 2020.
- Thims, Libb. (2021). Human Chemical Thermodynamics: Chemical Thermodynamics Applied to the Humanities – Meaning, Morality, Purpose; Sociology, Economics, Ecology; History, Philosophy, Government, Anthropology, Politics, Business, Jurisprudence; Religion, Relationships, Warfare, and Love (pdf). Publisher.
- Dialogue on Social-Thermodynamics – r/Hmolpedia.
- Rainicorn, Friendship. (66AE). Comment in: “People Are Just Atoms Arranged in a Way that They are Able to Study Themselves”, r/Hmolpedia, Aug 12.