Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are related quotes:
- “Theories which are demonstrated by experiment and visual perception must be preferred to those derived from reasoning, however probable and plausible, for many things seem true in speculation and discussion, which in actual fact defy reality.”
- “The reasonings (derivations), theories, beliefs that are current in the mass of such molecules are taken as manifestations of the [psychic] state of that mass and are studied as facts on a par with other facts that society presents to view. We look for uniformities among them, and try to get back to the facts in which the in turn originate.”
- “Everyone knows that Shannon’s derivation is in error.”
- “I don’t want to deboundstate without doing the derivation.”
- — Libb Thims (2017), personal note, 12:53PM CST Jul 30
- Guericke, Otto. (1663). New Magdeburg Experiments: on the Vacuum of Space (Ottonis de Guericke Experimenta Nova (ut vocantur) Magdeburgica de Vacuo Spatio) (translator and preface: Margaret Ames). Publisher, 1672; Kluwer, 1994; Springer, 2012.
- Pareto, Vilfredo. (1912). Treatise on General Sociology (pg. 1919). Publisher.
- Tribus, Myron. (1998). “A Tribute to Edwin T. Jaynes”; in: Maximum Entropy and Bayesian Methods, Garching, Germany 1998: Proceedings of the 18th International Workshop on Maximum Entropy and Bayesian Methods of Statistical Analysis (pgs. 11-20; quote, pg. 13) by Wolfgang von der Linde, Volker Dose, Rainer Fischer, and Roland Preuss. 1999. Springer.
- Letter rhyming derivation method – Hmolpedia 2020.
- Derivation – Hmolpedia 2020.