In acronyms, AE (LH:366), in the Thimsian calendar (or BE/AE dating system), is short for "After Elements" seen, or Anno Elementum (Latin), as compared to BE, or “Before Elements” seen, which refers to the number of years since atoms were seen by the human eye, which occurred in 1955, aka the "zero year".
The AE or “atomic era”, i.e. era of atoms visibly seen, year numbering system, is a new reality-based dating system, which dates years starting from the "zero year" (0AE) of 1955 AD, in the AD, CE (or ACM) dating scheme, when atoms (or elements) were first “seen” by the eye of a human, specifically by the eyes of Erwin Muller, who on 11 Oct 1955 (11 Oct 0 AE) saw tungsten W (Z=74) atoms (at the tip of a needle), using his newly-invented field ion microscope.
A synopsis of the AE or “Anno Elementum” dating system:
wherein years are dated in respect to zero year of 1955 (Oct 11th) when atoms were first seen by the human "eye", specifically tungsten W (Z=74) atoms (at the tip of a needle), seen via the eyes of Erwin Muller, shown above left, at Penn State University (commemorative plaque shown above right), using his newly-invented field ion microscope, which produced an image similar to a later photo of platinum atoms (on a needle), above middle.
On 11 Oct 1955, "atoms" were first seen by the human "eye", specifically tungsten atoms (at the tip of a needle), seen via the eyes of Erwin Muller, shown above left, at Penn State University (commemorative plaque shown above right), using his newly-invented field ion microscope, which produced an image similar to a later photo of platinum atoms (on a needle), above middle.
On 28 Nov 2005, the journal of Chemical & Engineering News, in their cover story article “Atomic Imaging Turns 50”, celebrated the 50th anniversary of the viewing of an atom by a human, via a cover image and article written by Mitch Jacoby.
On 25 Apr 2020, Libb Thims, at about 10:30 PM CST, conceived "before elements" / "after elements" (BE/AE), aka the "Anno Elementum" or "Atomic Era" dating system, for use in dating key years, non-mythologically, in his draft-stage Human Chemical Thermodynamics (HCT). This new atomic era dating scheme, would be Thims' fourth attempt at a secular calendar system, over the last nine years or so, as discussed further below (see: calendar reform history).
Thims, the following day, when the HCT-manuscript was at 135-page level, texted a friend, as shown below, that he was "thinking about", in an excited way, using a new "atomic era" dating system to date the copy right page of his new book:
- “What are you doing? I think I’m going to date my new [Human Chemical Thermodynamics] book using an ‘atomic era’ dating system (Ѻ). Today would be 25 Apr 65 AE, in this new dating system.”
- — Libb Thims (2020), “Text message to Wasi” (link sent with text), 10:30 CST Apr 25
On 26 Apr 2020, 9:28AM CST, eleven hours later, Thims, after penning a summary of this newly-conceived “reality-based” BE/AE (or BA/AE) dating scheme on the online “atomic dating system” EoHT.info article, then added this new dating acronym notation to his Hmolpedia existography, using three dating systems (AE, AG, and ACM):
In existographies, Libb Thims (17- AE) (222- AG) (1972- ACM) is an electrochemical engineer, noted for 
Which translated to the effect that Thims was “synthesized” (born) in the year 17 Anno Elementum, or 222-years after the birth (synthesis) of Goethe, or 1972-years after the start of the Roman recension of the Osiris-Horus resurrection Christ myth. Of note, the fourth "idea stage" dating system, ruminating in Thims' mind, prior to the BE/AE system, was the BH/AH (before Halley's comet/after Halley's comet) dating system, dating years from the zero year when Halley's comet was first "see" by humans.
BC/AD → BE/AE
To convert a vulgar year (BC/AD or BCE/CE) to an atomic year (BE/AE or BA/AE), simply “subtract” the number 1955 from the year, if the year of question occurred (or is occurring) AFTER atoms were first seen, or “add” the number 1955 to the year if the year is dated to have occurred BEFORE the start of the Roman recension of the Osiris-Horus resurrection Christ myth.
Hence, the year 2025, e.g., in the colloquial dating scheme (AD or ACE), converts to 70AE (2025 minus 1955) or the 70th year since atoms were first seen by the human eye (which is a real event).
BC/AD | Christ myth basis
Egyptian | Christ
The origin of the "Christ" (aka Orion) resurrection myth, dates to before pre-Dynastic Egypt (3,500BC), wherein the resurrected god Horus, and the pharoah likewise, had his "soul" associated with the annual dying and rising Orion constellation; in summary:
- “Horus is the oldest god of all. He is the oldest of all Egyptian gods.”
Dating during these first three millennia was based on a mixture of astro-mythology and various "kings lists" (or pharoah reign dating).
AUC | Roman city founding
In 50BC (703AUC), Marcus Varro, amid the rise of the formation of the republic or city of Rome, as outlined below, invents the AUC dating system, meaning “from city [of Rome] founding” (Anno Urbis Conditae):
- 753 BC - The city of Rome is founded.
- 509 BC - Rome becomes a republic.
- 218 BC - Hannibal invades Italy.
- 73 BC - Spartacus the gladiator leads the slaves in an uprising.
- 45 BC - Julius Caesar becomes the first dictator of Rome.
- 44 BC - Julius Caesar is assassinated on the Ides of March by Marcus Brutus.
- 27 BC - The Roman Empire begins as Caesar Augustus becomes the first Roman Emperor.
- 64 AD - Much of Rome burns. Legend has it that Emperor Nero watched the city burn while playing a lyre.
AC | Roman empire founding
In c.310AD (c.2310 AA), Eusebius (c.263-339AD), a Greek-born Roman historian, in his Chronicle, used a “before Abraham” / “after Abraham” (BA/AA) dating system, estimating Abraham to have been a real person and to have been born about 2,300-years prior to the publication of his book.
In 525AD (1260AUC), Dionysius Exiguus, Roman monk, during the reign of Charlemagne (742-814), introduced the BC/AC dating system, usurped the previous AUC dating system, with a “from empire [of Rome] founding” dated dating, according to him to have begun at the approximate mid-point (6.5 BC) of the reign of Caesar Augustus, from 27 BC-14 AD, but overtly themed it as a “birth of Christ” dating system, to align with the then-established Christianity form of the state religion.
In c.800AD (c.1500 AUC), Charlemagne (742-814AD), the Roman emperor, during his reign, made the Exisuus’ BC/AD dating the standard for the Roman empire.
While Caesar Augustus did exist as a real person, and the Roman empire did start with the start of his reign, there was, however, no "Christ" that existed. Hence, the BC/AD dating system is incorrigible.
The following are objects to the BC/AD dating system:
- “Written in the land of the living; on the right bank of the Adige, in Verona, in the year of that god whom you never knew the 1345th.”
- “Paris, February 21st, 1802, since the fable of Christ”
- “Since, we are looking at the history of god from the Jewish and Muslim as well as the Christian perspective, the terms ‘BC’ and ‘AD’, which are conventionally used in the West, are not appropriate.”
Correctly, according to the "silent historians", there is no actual historical "event" that occurred on "0 AD"; in fact, there is NO record of any "Christians" or a "Christ" figure until 94AD to 128AD, who at that point were being described as "Serapis" worshipers (Osiris-Apis worshipers) and their "Christ-figure" being half human / half animal. The motif of a "Christ-figure" born, died, and raised from the dead, is but a yearly retelling of the Horus-Osiris astro-theology stylize "raising from the dead" myth, framed around the annual "raising of the Orion" constellation (synretized with the yearly rebirth or re-powering of the sun). Just as the story is myth based, so to is the date of 0AD "myth based", per reason that the raising of the Orion constellation is an annual occurrence, noticed since first began to watch and note reoccurring movement patterns in the planets, stars, and constellations.
Thims | Dating reform
In 2011, Libb Thims, in his manuscript Purpose? (in a Godless universe), chapter "Dating System", attempted to employ a "before printing" / "after printing" (BP/AP) dating system, wherein date year of zero (0 AP) to the time of the invention of the moveable type printing press by German inventor Johannes Gutenberg, which occurred six years prior to the twenty-third documented passing of Haley’s comet—or the year 1450 AD (0 AP) in Gregorian calendar system years.
In 2016 to 2018, Thims, in various places, e.g. his Atheism for Kids book series, his Human Chemical Thermodynamics manuscript, various online Hmolpedia articles, began to water-test a "before Goethe" / "after Goethe" (BG/AG) and later a "before Christ myth" / "after Christ myth" (BCM/ACM) dating system, the latter inspired by Thomas Paine's 1802 of dating his letters of correspondence.
On 25 Apr 2020, Thims conceived of the BE/AE dating system, as discussed above, which, in short, is an upgrade from referring to the year 2020, e.g., as the 2020th year since the approximate start date of the "Roman recension" (see: recension theory) "Osiris-Horus" resurrection motif based religion, aka the birth of Jesus Christ, all versions of which being astro-theology-based religio-mythology events, that have never occurred in reality.
The only "real" aspect of this AD date is that in Nov-Dec of this year, and every year, the sun is perceptually "reborn" and the Orion constellation perceptually "rises" from a dead or horizontal position to a vertical or alive position. The sun and the Orion constellation are real; Jesus, Horus, and Osiris, and its historical variants (e.g. Serapis, Osiris-Horus, etc.) are not real. A reality-based date reform, accordingly, is a pressing need.
On 20 Oct 2020 (20 Oct 65 AE), Thims had dated the Libb Thims, Johann Goethe, and Thomas Paine articles, using the BE/AE scheme, and also had re-dated the top 15 geniuses in the top 1000 geniuses rankings, in the BE/AE system.
To note a few peculiarities, in respect to the BE/AE dating system:
- Muller viewed atoms (11 Oct 1955), 24-centuries after Leucippus proposed their existence.
- Muller viewed atoms (11 Oct 1955), 355-years after Giordano Bruno willingly let himself be burned at the sake, rather than recant his stated belief in the existence of atoms.
- Muller viewed atoms (11 Oct 1955), 49-years after Ludwig Boltzmann hung himself, per reason, in part, that many leading scientists, such as Mach and Ostwald, attacked his theory, because they did not believe in the existence of atoms.
- Muller viewed atoms (11 Oct 1955), 29-years after Jean Perrin won the Nobel Prize for proving the existence of atoms, by three different means.
- Muller viewed atoms (11 Oct 1955), the SAME year, albeit 6-months after, Albert Einstein ceased to exist (18 Apr 1955).
Of note, in respect to acronyms, as originally conceived, thematic to “belief” or “non belief” in the atom, or atomic theory, the new calendar was conceptualized as a “before atoms” / “after atoms” or “before atoms seen” / “after atoms seen” divide. This terminology scheme, however, yields the acronyms: BA/AA (or BAS / AAS), and these acronyms are already commonly employed, for Bachelor of Arts and Alcoholics Anonymous; and the alternative three-digit acronyms don’t feel right. Hence, "before elements" / "after elements" (BE/AE) was adopted. Technically, an "element" is a type of "atom", of which there are some 118 types, 92 of which naturally-occur in the earth system. Subsequently, Erwin Muller, on 11 Oct 1955 (11 Oct 0 AE) saw the element tungsten W, a type of atom with 74 protons (Z=74) in its core or nucleus atoms, at the tip of a tungsten needle, using his newly-invented field ion microscope.
The following are related quotes:
- “We measure seconds as 9,192,631,770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between two specific energy levels of cesium-133, yet we date years to a day that never existed?”
- — Libb Thims (2014), reflective note, following read of page 137 of Victor Stenger’s God and the Atom; and note to begin dating Atheism Reviews videos per Goethean calendar based years, 3:09AM CST Oct 20
- “The fact that we still categorized years in BC/AD dating system, indicates that we are still a backwards people.”
- — Libb Thims (2018), mental note; arisen will editing the Murray 4000 page, 7:40PM CST Jan 15
- “I have been reading your works since some time ago, and I may say I find them very interesting, not merely because of its content, but because it has conclusions and insights I had independently arrived at a relatively young age (one could say I am still at a relatively young age [born 52 AE]), although I reached some diverging results in some topics. Due to the comprehensiveness of the subjects addressed, I don't intend to do that in a single message, but I hope that through rational discussion we may be able to get closer to the truth.”
- — Anon (66AE), “Reddit message to Libb Thims”, Feb 26 
- Thims, Libb. (2020). Human Chemical Thermodynamics: Chemical Thermodynamics Applied to the Humanities (§I.4: Atomic Dating System (1955)) (pdf). Publisher.
- Jacoby, Mitch. (2005). “Atomic Imaging Turns 50” (Ѻ), Chemical and Engineering News, 83(48):13-16, Nov.
- Plutarch. (c.100AD). Isis and Osiris; in: Plutarch's Moralia, Volume Five (pdf) (pg. 25-27; Osiris tomb, pg. 53-54) (Introduction: Victor Hanson). Harvard University Press.
- Budge, Wallis. (1904). The Gods of the Egyptians, Volume One (pgs. 58, 349). Dover, 1969.
- Ancient Rome timeline – Ducksters.com.
- Gutschmid, Alfred. (1889). Klein Schriften (pg. 433). F. Ruehl.
- Hecht, Jennifer M. (2003). Doubt: A History: The Great Doubters and Their Legacy of Innovation from Socrates and Jesus to Thomas (Cicero letter, pg. 262; year of that god, pg. 269). HarperOne.
- (a) Haught, James A. (1996). 2000 Years of Disbelief: Famous People with the Courage to Doubt (pg. 88). Prometheus.
(b) Conway, Moncure D. (date). The Life of Thomas Paine (Ѻ). Publisher.
- Thims, Libb. (2011). Purpose? (in a Godless universe). (94-pg manuscript (draft one); 105-page manuscript at 14 Apr 2013) (§1: Dating system, pgs. 1-3) (pdf). IoHT publications.
- Atomic dating system (subdomain) – EoHT.info (2020).
- Silent historians problem (subdomain) – EoHT.info (2020).
- Thims (personal notes) – Hmolpedia 2020.
- This probably is one of the first employment of "BE/AE dating system", outside of Hmolpedia.